Monday 18 February 2013

OCC: METALLIC LIP TAR: ICED (£9.99)

After reviewing and loving a couple of OCC's Lip Tars (Super NSFW and RX), I immediately got hold of some more. I was particularly interested in their new Metallic range, as I loved their metallic red so much. 


Iced utterly intrigued me, it looked like a metallic white; I assumed it'd come out silver and couldn't wait to try it. Alas, I was supremely disappointed.


I applied it in exactly the same way I did the others, but instead of the stunning results, it came out streaky and not nearly as pigmented as I'd expected it to be. 

The consistency of the product was exactly the same as the others, but the way it went on the lips wasn't even close. In the picture above, I had to apply about three layers just to get it to that level of coverage and even that's not great. It also means you have to use triple the product just to get any sort of  colour payoff. 

It looks underwhelming and not really metallic at all; so disappointing. The only reason I'm so disheartened is because the others are so perfect.

Reluctant to give up on this product, I had a thought; I have a regular black Lip Tar, also by OCC (Tarred, which I'll be reviewing within the next couple of weeks). I put some Iced on the back of my hand, and added a drop of Tarred.


Mixing Iced and Tarred made this awesome metallic grey (it really reminds me of the film Alien). The metallic-ness (technical term) that wasn't present in Iced was more than present in this new grey concoction and I absolutely love it. I can 100% see myself using this combination in the future and it wouldn't be possible if OCC's Lip Tar formula wasn't so smooth, pigmented and generally amazing. I can also see this leading me to mixing it with my other Lip Tars to try and get the most out of the product.

It just goes to show, if you don't like a product, don't just bin it and write it off as a failure; mix and match, try it with different products, experiment. You might just find yourself pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment