Wednesday 30 January 2013

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS: METALLIC LIP TAR (SUPER NSFW) (£9.99/10ml)

It's pretty rare that I fall in love with a product as soon as I test it. It's even rarer for me to completely fall head over heels for a lip product.
However, OCC's Metallic Lip Tar in Super NSFW (that's Not Safe For Work, kids) is the best lip product I've ever tried. Hands down.

Now, I've been hearing a lot about OCC, specifically their Lip Tars for a long time and I'd be surprised if you haven't. So when I saw their metallic range (you know I'm like a magpie with shiny things, we've been over this) I had to give it a try.


The packaging reminded me a bit of a tube of paint, but that's not necessarily a bad thing; it feels strong and not as if you're going to crack it and spill it if it's dropped. You also get this cute little brush to apply it with:


This seems to be mainly because this stuff stains your skin slightly. I found this out the hard way when swatching it on the back of my hand (2 makeup wipes and it's still there) so using your fingers to apply it obviously isn't advised. The brush works really well anyway.


The formula is like nothing I've ever tried before. It's thin while still being incredibly pigmented; it's not sticky at all, goes on like a dream and smells/tastes minty so there's no weird smell (like with Rimmel's Lip Laqcuers). It also lasts forever (as you can probably tell by the fact it's stained the back of my hand).


The colour itself, Super NSFW, is so beautiful. It's has a gold shimmer to it, which is what makes it metallic and the red itself seems to have blue undertones, rather than orange. It's extremely flattering on my pale skin, something I often have trouble with when trying bright, red lip products.

It's a few more quid than a lot of lip products I could mention (coughcough), but it is 110% worth it. I'll have more in the way of OCC Lip Tars (including their metallic range) coming very soon and I cannot wait.

4 comments:

  1. great pic: looks so smooth & shiny! how did you prime your lips & gloss the finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya!

      I don't tend to use primer on my lips, but I do use chapstick (any cheap, run-of-the-mill chapstick/lip balm) to make my lips soft and smooth for when I apply the product.

      If I want to make sure it stays on for as long as possibly (for example, when I'm going out), I'll pat and blot a bit of the product into my lips and then add more over the top.

      I didn't use anything over the top of the Lip Tar; I think because it's metallic, it looks extra shiny. I love it.

      I hope this helps, thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. when i do that it looks too dry. but then, all my tars are matte & like u said, metallic looks shinier. benefit made (makes?) a great primer i used years ago - maybe i'll try that again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea, I might try that myself :)

      Delete