Friday 25 January 2013

Rimmel: Apocalips Lip Lacquers (£5.99)


The Apocalips is indeed here. These eagerly anticipated, groundbreaking new lip lacquers have just been released by Rimmel and they don't disappoint. For only £5.99, you get a thin, non-sticky, highly pigmented product. You apply said product with a unique applicator which has a small well in the middle, collecting product and allowing you to completely coat your lips with one application. The colour range is varied and pleasing, however, a few more colourful additions would have been appreciated (I could only imagine how awesome a black would look).

Nude Eclipse



The lightest of 2 nudes from this range, I wasn't too fond of this one; it reminded me a bit too much of foundation. I think this is due to naturally having quite pink lips and therefore this acting more as a concealer than a nude.

Luna



Luna was the second of the two nudes and again, not to my taste. It was kind of a pastel orange or pale coral and not for me. However, I might change my mind in summer.

Nova



At first, I found this loud pink a little bit garish and wasn't a fan. However, it very quickly grew on me; if you want a bright, girly lip but an alternative to red, this could be for you.

Galaxy



Galaxy was one of the favourites; a mature pinky-purple. Really pretty.

Apocaliptic



This hot, hot pink isn't my cup of tea.

Stellar



Stellar is a bright pink-coral and would look awesome in summer.

Big Bang



Big Bang seems to generally be the run away winner of the whole range and I have to agree. This pillar box red is a bit of a show stopper and really gorgeous.

Overall the formula is impressive and very unique. It actually dries pretty matte, which is a plus for me. It does have a bit of an odd taste and smell, kind of like paint? It's a bit strange and definitely off-putting, but it doesn't hang around for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment