Monday 11 February 2013

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS: LIP TAR (RX) (£9.99)

Ever since I started my love affair with OCC Lip Tars, I was aching to get hold of some more in some different colours.


RX caught my eye for... obvious... reasons. I don't own many blue beauty products, which is odd considering how good blue looks with brown eyes, so I thought I'd go for it and give this a go.

The formula, as ever, smelt and tasted slightly minty (which isn't unpleasant at all) and this disappeared pretty quickly after applying it.
The product was thin and completely not what you expect for a lip product that's so pigmented. You expect it to be thick, sticky and gloppy but it actually goes on lightly and, when you pat it in properly and dab away the excess, you barely notice you're wearing it and it lasts for ages.
It's consistency is halfway between regular lip gloss and water, so not too runny but not uncomfortable either.



The colour itself is a bright, electric blue that looks exactly how it does in the tube. It doesn't lose any of its pigment after application and I was incredibly pleased with how easy it was to apply evenly with the handy brush included.

I'm not sure how many chances I will get to wear this out! But I am definitely using it in my makeup tutorial video on my YouTube Channel tomorrow, so we'll see how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment