Friday 17 May 2013

URBAN DECAY: SUPER-SATURATED HIGH GLOSS LIP COLOUR: F-BOMB (£14)

As ever, I was excited to try an Urban Decay product that I hadn't tried yet. I'm not at all familiar with their lip products so this was a completely new experience but I ended up ultimately disappointed.


Urban Decay's Super-Saturated Lip Colour, as with most of their products, comes in pencil form. I have no problem with this, as it's actually pretty hygienic. You use the top layer of product on the pencil and can sharpen before/after every use; it also allows you to share it between friends hygienically and assists with application.


The product is smooth, glossy and creamy, not quite as pigmented as I'd like, but after recently reviewing OCC Lip Tars and Rimmel's Apocalips range, I appreciate my standards might be a bit high and the colour payoff is still really decent.

The colour wasn't exactly what I imagined. The name F-Bomb, as well as the colour of the pencil itself suggested more of a primary, bombshell red rather than the blue-red that it was, but that could just be me being picky again.

What honestly disappointed me though was the staying power. This stuff had almost completely come off after around two drinks and that's not long at all compared to a lot of the products I've tried, which stay on all night. Again, I know I may be spoiled since I've gotten used to using Lip Tars and nowhere does it say that these pencils are supposed to be long-wearing. I guess I just expected a company which constantly churns out perfect, long-lasting products to come up with something a little bit more... well... long-lasting.

Saying this, I would purchase another. I like the way this draws on and feels on my lips; I think it's a great product for having in your handbag if you're on the move, since you barely need a mirror to apply it. I think I just expected too much and hope that Urban Decay releases a 24/7 lip range (other than their lip liner pencils) sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment