Wednesday 8 May 2013

SLEEK: SHIMMER BLUSH: POMEGRANATE (£4.50)

As someone who's new to Sleek makeup,  I was pretty excited when I got this bad boy. I'm not too adventurous with my blush; I tend to find one I like and just stick with it (my current favourite being Urban Decay's Naked Flushed blush palette). So when I saw the gorgeous shades that Sleek make in extremely reasonable prices, I almost broke my finger clicking the 'buy' button.


Firstly, the packaging is beautiful; just like the name, it's sleek and sophisticated. It's very light weight and slim so would slip in a handbag without any trouble. It also has a cute little mirror inside, which is really decent if you're on the go. My only problem with it is the clasp that opens it is seriously difficult to get open since not everyone has a crowbar to hand... 


The colour is stunning; possibly my favourite blush colour I've ever seen. In the pan, it looks slightly purple but on the skin it's a gorgeous warm pink with subtle shimmer. 

The powder is soft and seriously pigmented. I'd advise using it sparingly at first and then building it up, as I just went straight in there and ended up looking like a clown.

It also stays on forever. I wore it out this morning; six hours and a long nap later, it's still almost completely in tact and that's without any makeup setting spray or primer.

I think what I love about this colour is its versatility. I wore it with a simple, natural (well... more natural than usual...) look and it looked fresh and pretty, but I can also imagine it warming up a smoky eye and looking sultry as hell.

I really recommend this blush. It goes with anything, is ridiculously pigmented and cheap as chips.








No comments:

Post a Comment