Friday 15 February 2013

TUTORIALS USING URBAN DECAY'S AMMO PALETTE

After my review of Urban Decay's Ammo Palette a couple of days ago, I wanted to experiment a bit more, so decided to come up with a couple of looks using it. One's a pretty, natural look... the other... not so much.

I'll start with the natural one.





This look is incredibly simple. Just prime your eye and add Polyester Bride to your brow bone and inner corner, cover the whole lid in Maui Wowie and then add Smog underneath the eye and also blend it into the crease. Add some liquid liner to the top, wing it out, apply some mascara to your 'lashes and white eyeliner to your bottom waterline and you're all set.

Next... the not-so-natural one.


I fancied using different colours on each eye, not just to be different but so I could get the most out of the palette for you lot.


The first step is the same for both eyes: prime and add Polyester Bride to the brow bone and inner corner.


I then covered one of my lids in Grifter (it's a lot more pigmented in 'real life' than in this picture).


To the same eye I just used Grifter on, I then used a pencil brush to blend a bit of Oil Slick into the crease.


I softened the look by using a fluffy blending brush to buff in some Last Call over the top of the black (always go back and make sure that your highlighter blends into the colour beneath it).


Finally, I just added some winged eyeliner, mascara, false eyelashes and Morphine eye pencil by Urban Decay into the waterline. I also brushed Shattered through my eyebrows.


 On the other eye...


I covered the lid and underneath my eye in Shattered, and then blended Last Call into my crease and outer edge of my lower eyelid.



 Then, as I did with the other eye, I applied winged eyeliner, mascara, false eyelashes, Morphine in the waterline and Grifter through the eyebrow.


As you can see, they both, especially the second eye, create a really pretty, pastel look. Obviously, if you don't want wear different makeup on each eye, you don't need to at all. I think the second is my favourite, since it's different from anything I've done before.


On the lips (please excuse what my lips are doing... I have no idea either), I used Iced Metallic Lip Tar by OCC all over, with Vintage Lip Tar by OCC in the middle. I did this by simply covering my lips in Iced and then applying Vintage to the inner third of my bottom lips. I then pressed and rubbed my lips together a bit. I'm not sure I like the effect of these two colours together, but I reckon this could look awesome with two different colours. I'm happy to keep experimenting.



No comments:

Post a Comment