Wednesday 13 February 2013

URBAN DECAY: AMMO PALETTE (£23)

Urban Decay have started 2013 in fine form as they release the Oz themed Glinda and Theodora palettes. However, they somehow found the time to create this stunning little number: the Ammo Palette.



The Ammo Palette is a gorgeous little selection of ten of Urban Decay's most popular eyeshadows and I absolutely adore it.

The palette itself is a lot smaller than I expected but that makes it really handy for travelling (you even get a mini bottle of Urban Decay's fantastic original Primer Potion); the only thing that I'd mark it down for is that the lid doesn't click closed, it's magnetic, so might get pulled open quite easily in your bag.

Each of the colour is shimmery and the formula has that delicious, velvety feel that we've come to expect from Urban Decay, which has apparently now been improved! Insert statement about not being able to improve on perfection...

What Urban Decay have also done, is vertically matched shadows to help you decide what colours to match up. Obviously, this shouldn't limit you, matching colours that 'clash' can be half the fun of makeup. 

SMOG


This shimmery brown's first home was the Naked Palette. Using this all over the lid or in the crease will add a different dimension so a neutral or brown smoky eye.

MAUI WOWIE


Maui Wowie is a colour that's always intrigued me but I've never thought it looked special enough to justify purchasing a singular pot of it. How wrong I was. This is possibly my favourite shadow in the whole palette; the colour is so unusual. I can only describe is as champagne that's had algae growing in it. Okay, that may not sound cute but it really is so pretty. The other day, I wore this all over the lid with Mildew in the crease and Polyester Bride on the brow bone and inner corner of my eye, and it was one of my favourite makeup looks ever.

MILDEW


I'm not a fan of green. At all. So you can imagine my surprise when this mossy, shimmery green turned out to be my 2nd favourite shadow in the palette.
In the pan, and even the swatch, it doesn't look that spectacular, but it was what it did to my eyes that made me fall in love with it. On my brown eyes, a mixture of the green and shimmer made my eyes stand out amazingly. I was so taken aback by its effect, that I kept having to look in the mirror to see it was as good as I thought it was.
If you've also got brown eyes, wear this with bright red lipstick for an awesome look.

SHATTERED


I've gone from having next to no blue makeup in my collection, to having loads that I'm really enjoying using.
Shattered is a pale, shimmery blue that looks great on brown eyes. 
It does come out slightly greener than it looks in the pan, but this doesn't make it any less pretty.

OIL SLICK


Urban Decay are renowned for being able to make their blacks really black. Oil Slick is a seriously pigmented black with silver glitter; using this could add a cool twist on a smoky eye. 

POLYESTER BRIDE


As soon as I saw Polyester Bride, I couldn't help but think how similar to Zephyr (which I use a lot) it looked so I swatched them both next to each other on the back of my hand as a comparison.
Polyester Bride is basically Zephyr's lighter, brighter cousin; great as a dramatic highlighter and to dot on the inner corner of your eyes to enhance them.
Urban Decay's new formula is also a lot more velvety and pigmented than it used to be, making this the clear winner. Sorry, Zephyr.

LAST CALL


As you all probably know, I already own Last Call and use it quite a bit, but with Urban Decay's new formula it looked somewhat different. The colour itself is a lot more even and the pink shimmer shows through far better; a seriously lovely colour.

GRIFTER


Grifter is a really unusual colour, very similar to Morphine, it's a strange, almost two-tonal, pinky-purple with blue undertones. This would look great on any eye colour since it's so unnatural and unique.

CHOPPER


Chopper is metallic copper found in the Naked 2 Palette. It looks spectacular on blue eyes.

SIN


Sin is a peachy, shimmery nude; really pretty and great for a neutral or natural look.

If you've heard of Urban Decay but have maybe held off purchasing one of their palettes because of the price, I'd really advise trying this one. £23 for ten best selling, high quality eyeshadows is an amazing deal. The palette contains a pretty good variety of colours, so it can be used for any occasion,  includes a brush and primer, and is small enough to easily take with you anywhere.
This really is a flawless product.

No comments:

Post a Comment