Wednesday 20 February 2013

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE: METALLIC LIP TAR: ELECTRIC GRANDMA (£9.99)

Despite not having the best of luck with my most recent OCC Metallic Lip Tar (Iced), I still had high hopes for Electric Grandma. I'm not a huge fan of coral lips, except in the summer, so it's not usually a colour I'd go for at this time of year, but being one of the brightest in the range, I couldn't help myself. The curiosity definitely paid off.


Electric Grandma (the name itself is reason enough to buy it, in my opinion) is a bright, pretty coral with a distinct gold shimmer; in fact it's so shimmery, it boarders on glittery.



The formula for this particular Lip Tar looks a little stickier in the pictures than the others, but I can assure you this is not the case. I think this is purely down to the creamy colour and shimmer of the product, rather than the consistency. 

I actually really love it. Yesterday I filmed a punky makeup tutorial using this on the lips, with heavy, green makeup on the eyes and I was really pleased with the results.

I'm also looking forward to mixing it with some of my other Lip Tars to see what effects and colours they can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment