Friday 21 December 2012

Rimmel London: Match Perfect Blush: Medium (£5.99/15g)

On my hunt for a blush colour that was not only appropriate for winter but that I actually liked, I came across Rimmel's new Match Perfection Blush and since I get on so well with their Match Perfection Foundation, I thought I'd give this product a go.


The packaging isn't great but is typical of Rimmel. As I've said before, I'd rather they saved money on the packaging than the product, since their makeup is so reasonably priced.
The way in which the powder is embossed, however, is really lovely (although it looks a bit like little dolphins and I'm not entirely sure what they have to do with blush). It also says on the back that there's a 'hint' of blue sapphire to make the colour even. I might be crazy but I see no blue hint, that might just be me though.


I'm assuming that you use the plum (in the middle) to contour, the pink for blush and white to highlight but the shape and size of the sections makes this difficult. This led me to try the method of mixing them all together, which created a pretty pink, not dissimilar to the pink on the right but with a bit more shimmer.


The powder itself is actually a little disappointing. It's dry, but not in a 'blendable' way, it just flaked all over me, and there's very little pigment, except in the pink. 
After trying this, I'm a little surprised that it costs almost the same as the Match Perfect Foundation, which is far better than this. If you're going for a blush which is worth the money, I'd advise looking elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment