Monday 26 November 2012

Rimmel London: Match Perfection Foundation (£6.99/30ml)

As the nights get longer and days darker, as with most people, my skin has turned even paler than usual and I've been on the hunt for a new, affordable foundation for the Winter months. I stumbled across a sample of Rimmel London's Match Perfection Light Reflecting Radiance Foundation in a well-known fashion magazine recently and had a quick swatch of the various shades, arriving at the palest of the lot: 010 Light Porcelain. This shade matched my skin tone so perfectly, I couldn't ignore it and, since I'd mainly read good things about it, I ordered some straight away.
Firstly, I love the glass bottle it comes in, it makes it feel far more 'high-end' than the price suggests, and one pump of the pump dispenser gives you exactly enough product to cover your whole face, which I found handy. The foundation itself blends into the skin effortless, with little-to-no odour and leaves a smooth, even finish. I couldn't be more pleased with the way it makes my skin look. It has medium coverage, which is my preference and brings a glowing radiance to the face, without it being too dewy.

I cannot recommend this highly enough and I will be using it on a regular basis. I'm honestly not sure how Rimmel can get away with charging so little. My only criticism, is that the shade I needed (the lightest) took a bit of searching for but the extra time is definitely worth it, if it means finding a foundation that fits your skin so effortlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment