Tuesday 25 June 2013

COLLECTION 2000 METALLIC CREAM EYESHADOW IN ROCK 'N' ROSE (£2.99)

I'm not very familiar with cream eyeshadows; in fact, they kind of scare me. They look messy and unmanageable and everything I wouldn't want from an eye product but when out browsing the makeup shelves the other day, I saw Collection's Metallic Cream Eyeshadows and was drawn in.


I'll be honest, it was the colour that sold me; well that and the £2.99 price tag. We all know I'm a sucker for metallics and pink is a lovely colour to wear in the summer, so this was just too enticing to pass up.

I really like the packaging; I know it just looks like a plastic tube, which it pretty much is, but something that puts me off about most cream eyeshadows is that they're often presented in a little pots where you, if you don't have the right brushes, have to continuously dunk your fingers, leaving prints and germs. 


The applicator is handy, since you can either apply it directly onto your eyelid or the back of your hand. 

The formula is soft but isn't as pigmented as in the pot. It blends out nicely and dries well so that it won't budge, even without the aid of primer. In fact, something I loved using this for was a base colour. You apply it over your lid as if it's primer, then apply shadows of your choosing over the top. It adds a metallic, pretty sheen to your regular eyeshadow while giving it a cute pink glow.

Overall this is a cute little product which is a cool addition to your summer makeup. It adds a little edge to any look and doesn't cost an arm and a leg so isn't a gamble. I definitely intend to purchase some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment