Saturday 25 May 2013

URBAN DECAY: 24/7 WATERPROOF LIQUID EYELINER in PERVERSION (£14)

A while ago, I purchased Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner since I'm such a fan of their pencils (although I know that's hardly news).


As you can see, it's been rattling around in my makeup box for a little while now but I wanted to give it a proper go before I gave it a review since when I first started using it, I was considerably out of liquid-liner-applying practice.

My first thought was a disgruntled 'OI!' as I unscrewed it to find the large half was the brush end. The brush itself is tiny so you can draw a nice thin line or build it up for a thicker one.


The product comes out very thin and watery, which causes it to run a bit in the swatch, but when I used it on the eye I had no problem with this. I will admit, as someone who's got used to eyeliner pen, it was quite difficult to get a good, steady line but that's just me and with practice I got better.

The pigment is really excellent once it dries and it lasts for ages. Even after makeup wipes, I find myself picking it off my eyelashes the morning after wearing it. Its consistency reminds me of the glue you use to attach false eyelashes. Interestingly, despite this, it doesn't last quite as well as their 24/7 eye pencils, which I found interesting.

This is a decent liquid eyeliner and if you've got the cash, by all means go for it.  However, there are liquid liners out there that are just as good as this for about a third of the price. The only thing you might miss out on is the intensity of the pigment, but that's your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment