Tuesday 7 May 2013

SOAP & GLORY: THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER (£13.30/500ml)

As you all know, I recently started a love affair with Soap & Glory's Hand Food. Well, after my best friend informed me that she has Soap & Glory's body butter and it smelled exactly the same, I literally ordered it that second.


So at first I was a tad skeptical; £13 is pretty bloody cheap for 500ml of body butter. I thought it must be a standard lotion that they've just repackaged as a butter (especially as it says both butter and lotion on the packaging) and didn't hold up much hope.

Let me just jump right in and talk about this butter. It's good; really good. It smells like what I imagine an angel to smell like, it's seriously so good. Again, just like the Hand Food, it's scented with Soap & Glory's 'Original Pink' fragrance (one of four that they use in their products). 'Original Pink', as stated on their website, contains: orange leaf, lemon, peach, sweet strawberries, summer rose, gardenia blooms and jasmine. Now, I can't tell you I would have been able to tell you any of these ingredients had I not looked them up, all I can tell you is that it smells heavenly. Interestingly, I've unknowingly only purchased items that smell like their 'Original Pink' fragrance so I'd be really interested in trying out their other scents.


So back to the butter itself. As you can tell, it's deliciously thick and decadent. I was surprised it could even pump up the nozzle, to be honest. The pump is another plus for me, since it's far more hygienic than having to dip your hands into a pot. Unfortunately, only the 500ml bottles have the pump, but I'd say it's worth splashing out.

The butter smooths on really easily and soaks in reasonably quickly (handy when you're in a rush). It leaves a delicate scent on the skin but only slightly so it's not distracting or overwhelming. It leaves no residue on the skin at all, something I hate about most body butters, and instead leaves your skin incredibly smooth and soft.

I'm really impressed with Soap & Glory's body products so far (I've got a few others on the go, as well) and can't wait to try more. Not only are they really reasonably priced but they honestly do work and smell gorgeous. I couldn't recommend them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment