Tuesday 5 March 2013

SNOW WHITE MAKEUP TUTORIAL

Right, I'm going to level with you guys here and tell you that I don't really enjoy recording makeup tutorial videos; I prefer making tutorial posts, as I can show more detail and explain things a bit better. This is why I'm going to make my 'Tutorial Tuesday' a blog post, instead of a video, unless for some reason I really feel I want to record it.

I'm going to carry on with my Vlogs because I enjoy filming the bits and pieces I do for those, but for now I'll be concentrating mainly on this blog again.

I also want to step up my tutorials a bit. I want to learn and develop and at the moment I'm not doing that, so I'm going to set myself new challenges.


I thought a good place to start would be a series and since everyone loves Disney, I'm going to start a Disney series. Hopefully this'll get my creative juices flowing. I really enjoyed creating this Snow White tutorial, which I honestly haven't been able to say for a while, so I hope you like it as much as I do.


After priming your eyes, add a hot, pigmented red to your top lid (Love + - Sugarpill)


Apply a matte black to your crease (Blackout - Urban Decay) and use a clean, fluffy blending brush to soften out the edges. It's really important that you use a clean brush to blend here. Also, I kept going back over the red and then black to strengthen the colour.


Use a royal blue underneath the eye and flick it out at the outer corner. If you can find a royal blue with glitter or shimmer, as I did, this is perfect; I wanted a little sparkle somewhere to symbolise the 'magic' of the magic apple. I just used a blue from my Beautify - 120 Colour Eye Palette; a lot of people turn their noses up at the cheaper eyeshadow palettes, but they can actually be really helpful for looks like this.


Apply a matte yellow (Buttercupcake - Sugarpill) to the inner corner and brow bone. Make sure to blend this into the surrounding colours well; I admit I could've done a much better job here!


Use a red eyeliner on your bottom waterline (or lip liner, just make sure to sharpen the top layer off before and after use). Alternatively, you could use black here too.


I filled in my eyebrows with black eyeshadow as Snow White's hair is black.


Tightline your top 'lash line with black, then line the top lid in black, winging it out quite thinly but dramatically.


Apply black mascara to your 'lashes.


Add some good, whispy, winged false 'lashes to your top lid, and bottom if you want a more dramatic look.


Okay, so the blending could've been better and the look in general could have been a lot more creative and exciting, but as my skills develop and my makeup collection expands, I'm sure I can improve. One day I hope to be able to come back to tutorials like this and add bits that I never would have thought of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment