Saturday 9 March 2013

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS: LIP TAR: TARRED (£9.99)

When I first started purchasing OCC Lip Tars, I always had this one in mind. I love the look of black lips, ever since I was a 12 year old with (questionable) D.I.Y. blonde streaks in my hair, I was smothering my lips in coal-coloured products. I always found it difficult to find black lip products, the best I could ever find was by Stargazer, which was dry and lacked serious pigment, so I usually ended up using a mixture of Vaseline and eye pencil. If only Tarred had been around then!


Tarred is unbelievably pigmented; I used an Urban Decay eye pencil in Perversion, one of the darkest eyeliners you can get hold of, to line my lips before applying the Lip Tar and the Tar was so black that it made Perversion look grey.



The formula is just the same as the others, thin but pigmented and has a minty smell. I did find, however, that it seemed to feather more; I'm assuming this is down to the fact you can just see it feathering more because it's so dark, whereas the other lighter colours can feather almost unnoticed. To minimise feathering, make sure to line your lips before applying it and blot away any excess product.

Also, make sure not to venture too far inside your lips with the tar, as if this product gets on your teeth, you ain't getting away with it. As odd as it may look, try placing your finger in your mouth and slowly drawing it out to remove any product from the inside of your lips that may transfer to your teeth. You may not want to do this in public though!

Overall, this is a gorgeous product, but pretty hard to maintain, so if you're brave enough to wear this out, make sure to bring a pocket mirror with you, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment