Wednesday 12 December 2012

Rimmel London Metal Rush Nail Polish: Gold Save the Queen (£3.99/8ml)

Metallic is all the rage at the moment and during the festive season, a lot of people who wouldn't usually wear them feel they can get away with them and venture out of their comfort zone. I'm a huge fan of metallics and am the proud owner of many a metallic beauty product; some good, some not so good. 
I decided to give Rimmel London's new Metal Rush nail polish a whirl. This polish isn't just metallic but two tone, and from the images looked intriguing.


Gold Save the Queen looks better in the bottle than it does on the nail. At first I actually hated the colour so much I wanted to take it straight off. Without putting too fine a point on it, it looks like baby poo; it's a murky green-gold and reminds me more of a metallic brown than gold. It's not half as spectacular or two tone as it is in the bottle and takes around a hundred years to dry (hence the various chips and marks in the picture); it's quite strongly pigmented though so I'd advice only using one coat, two at the most, unlike me who used three. The colour has grown on me slightly the longer I wore it and I can understand other people liking this as it's not quite as bright as most gold polishes, but personally I still dislike it and don't see myself wearing it again. Sorry, Rimmel.

No comments:

Post a Comment