Monday 5 November 2012

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush: Coral Reef and Pinched (£7.99)


The first thing I have to say about cream blushes is that they are WEIRD. I’m not familiar with them and they have never appealed to me but, faced with some spare money on a gift voucher, I thought I’d try them out. 

The Revlon selection is limited; there’s only three shades: Coral Reef and Pinched, which I decided to buy, and Flushed, a hot pink. 

Coral Reef
Firstly, the packaging is disappointing, it looks slightly cheap considering what you’re paying, but this is a minor point. Coral Reef  is a loud, orange-red (well… coral) blush, which really appealed to me. However, upon swatching, I got slightly confused! It was strange to feel a creamy, smooth mixture under my finger tip but, when blending into the back of my hand, it turns into a powder! Magic. At first I hated it, but after blending it out, I quickly changed my mind. It complimented my skin tone perfectly and has now turned into my favourite blush this month. However, I’m still using my fingers to apply it, since I have no clue how to get the creamy formula to stick to my brush!

Pinched
Pinched on the other hand is a neutral, natural peach. I got this one to contrast the brightness of Coral Reef, for those days when I wanted to look a bit more understated. This colour is so pretty when worn, the way it looks in the pot simply doesn’t do it justice. It takes a bit of building to reach its true colour but it’s worth it.

Essentially, the jury’s still out for me on cream blushes; I find them a bit odd and too difficult to apply. I’d really advice using a tester in store to see how you feel, rather than spending so much money on a blush online that you may not like. However, the colours and way they blend into the skin are gorgeous, so I would recommend giving them a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment