Tuesday 13 November 2012

OPI: James Bond Collection: The Living Daylights (£9.95/15ml)


Out of OPI’s James Bond Collection, The Living Daylights intrigued me the most. From the images, it looks almost gold with small glittery bits inside. When it arrived, I took a look inside and was disappointed to find that it was literally just a clear varnish with quite large glittery pieces. I was completely underwhelmed. I proceeded to slather three generous coats onto my nails, hoping that the effect on the nail was better than on the brush but was disappointed still. The glitter had a hard time even sticking to my nail as it seemed to want to cling onto the brush for dear life and to me, the finished effect looked as if a child had tried to decorate my nails with PVA glue and art materials.

Since I was already reviewing Illamasqua’s Scorn on my other hand, after I’d taken pictures I decided to try The Living Daylights over the top of it, using it as a top coat rather than a stand-alone nail varnish. The effect is slightly more impressive, but still not really my bag. I don’t like how big the glittery pieces are and I don’t like how they arrange themselves on the nail. I don’t like how the glittery pieces then insist on starting to flake off just hours after application, so that you find them popping up everywhere like sparkly chicken-pox. I applied a separate top coat on the thumb, which helped slightly, but only slightly.

Now, overall, I’ve been pretty negative about this nail varnish and that’s not something I like to do. So I will say that I do dislike glitter, especially large-sized glitter, and when I first purchased the polish the picture shown was misleading. Everything that I disliked about this product was to do with the large glitter and not the quality of the polish and I’m sure if you like glitter then you would love this product, especially around the festive period. Personally, I just can’t get it and I won’t be using it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment